How to create a compare_files helper (pointer to meld)

I just signed up to the list and am just learning Zim, which I want to use with hg/mercurial version control on Fedora and Ubuntu Linux. I currently have it on a very downlevel Fedora system.

In the version dialog box, "side by side" comparison isn't enabled.

Based on the documentation and google searches,

        ~/.local/share/zim-desktop-wiki/helpers/compare_files/meld.desktop

        ~/.local/share/helpers/compare_files/meld.desktop

I tried, in each of the preceding pathnames, creating a file as follows:

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Meld
Exec=meld %F
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Icon=meld
MimeType=application/x-meld-comparison;
StartupNotify=true
Categories=GTK;Development;

Neither seemed to fix the problem.

I'm not really familiar with files of this type, so it's hard to say what I may have gotten wrong.

Follow ups