Re: Zim from windows to Ubuntu

Bonjour François,

About syncing, I've  been using Zim for 10 years now and I daily sync my
linux at home and my Windows PC at work through a simple USB key
(fat32), and it has always worked. No need to delete any files.

Syncing is done this way :

- on linux, with "rsync" (file in attachment = "robosync.sh")

- on windows, with "robocopy.exe" (file in attachment = "robosync.bat")

I provided the 2 command files. The "robocopy.exe" can be found on
Internet. It used to be in the NT Ressource Kit a long time ago.

Look at the commands in these files. As I'm a francophone too (Québec),
so the explanations are in French.

Essentially, these 2 files takes 3 parameters (without parameters, it
won't copy) :

1. source

2. target

3. a flag indicating if the copy should be done in a mirror mode or not
(the word "miroir" in French must be typed to do a mirror copy)

Be careful if you use it in mirror mode, as this will delete superfluous
files in the target.

And, before the copy is done, you always see the list of files that will
be affected ("less" on linux, "notepad" on windows), so it's possible to
abort the copy.

I'm using Zim 0.68.

Hope this helps.

Salutations.