Re: When did the tear-off menus disappear?

Not sure when I removed the "tear off", but it is quite a while back. In
the development branch the whole statusbar is gone now, so need to find
another place for this feature. Probably the "backlink side bar" plugin
should have a "pop-out" button.

However there is "Search" -> "Search Backlinks..." in the menu, which will
show a search window with the backlink list, this allows navigating them
one by one. Admit it is an extra click to get there, but it does what you
want, and allows refining with additional search terms.

Hope this helps,

Jaap