Re: [Ayatana] indicator-messages(change defautl aplication easy?)

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 20:16 +0200, dani planas armangue wrote:
> many users would like to change the default applications of our applet
> indicators. use thunderbird instead of evolution.
> Currently, this function is very poor. but it is very easy to fix.
> ubuntu have an application to administer the programs preferred by the
> user for the gnome environment.

It is currently in the spec to use the mailer preference.  Unfortunately
there's always been things ahead of it in the priority queue :(  I'd
definitely like to see ways to choose more default applications in the
future.  One issue is that the way that default applications are chosen
today is by setting what amounts to a "type handler."  So "mailto" is
your mailer.  I'm not sure what "Chat" equates to there.

It's more about actually writing the code at this point :)

		--Ted