Re: [Ayatana] [Concept suggestion] About the new possibilities for the top right window buttons on the new Ubuntu visual

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 16:16 -0400, David Regev wrote:

> These are just some preliminary ideas, but I think they demonstrate a
> compelling  path that could be taken if Ubuntu introduced its own
> answer to the Mac’s proxy icon. This path leads to a more
> object-centric (or document-centric) Desktop, where people can focus
> on their content and the stuff they care about, and not have to worry
> as much about dealing with the file system and with applications.
>
> I hope I have provided some more food for thought. On that note, what
> do people think?

>From using the equivalent, proxy-like icon in firefox, I an say it's a
nice addition.  The ability to snag the current item in context without
digging around in the system is appealing.  Not every program implements
a "send to" function (like inkscape), so the desktop taking this
function would give a lot of added functionality.