Re: [Ayatana] Middle-click on indicators

On Wednesday 14,April,2010 07:32 PM, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> [...]
>
> No. Indicators are menus, they have left-click only. There are
> occasionally "hidden treasures" like the results of scroll-wheel on the
> sound indicator, but we're not going back to the complete anarchy of
> panel applets that randomly support different clicks and itneractions.
>
> Mark

Then how about middle click activating a "default action" of an indicator?
Perhaps have one of the actions that are present in the menu be specified by the
application as the default, then the indicator applet unifies this into one
manner of interaction with the indicators to trigger these default actions.

I think this would lead to the same kind of standardization that the application
indicators is supposed to bring, without cutting back too much on
functionality -- a good compromise.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin (GPG: 0x8F02A411)