Re: [Ayatana] Middle-click on indicators

On 14/04/10 09:24, Conscious User wrote:

>>> So I was wondering if it wouldn't be interesting for the
>>> messaging menu to have a "clear" button of some sort,
>>> which would remove all indicators at once.
>>>
>> Left and right-click or taken, but perhaps middle-click on the icon
>> could be offered as shortcut for this? That could be one of those things
>> you have to know about, but that are great if you do.
>>
> I love this idea so much I will start a separate thread about it.
>
> One of the most common complaints I currently hear about application
> indicators is how they are killing one of conveniences of tray icons
> in a lot of apps: the ability of hiding and unhiding apps via a
> single click.
>
> Perhaps it would be interesting to give indicators the ability of
> associate a "quick action" to the middle click? Such action would
> still be available as a normal menu item, but efficiency hungry
> people would have middle-click as a shortcut.

No. Indicators are menus, they have left-click only. There are
occasionally "hidden treasures" like the results of scroll-wheel on the
sound indicator, but we're not going back to the complete anarchy of
panel applets that randomly support different clicks and itneractions.

Mark