Re: [Ayatana] Indicators for showing progress

I must concur with Frederik. This is a case where form should follow function.

On 15 April 2010 21:28, Frederik Nnaji <frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 22:27, Nicholas Ipsen(Sephiroth_VII) <sephiroth7vii@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Including Brasero's progress would make it too broad, we need to keep
it oriented towards purely file transfers, and though some might argue
that writing to a cd is also a file transfer, I don't think most
people look at it that way.
i disagree! i always want to know how much percent are done etc.
to have a manager that would show me that would be great.
this applies to video rendering, audiofile-import, audio rendering, image, video and audio conversion, practially everything that takes time to finish.

downloads may be seperated or aggregated in a single list item in such a listing, but i wouldn't omit the other processes because of the special nature of filetransfers and downloads related to how a desktop user thinks.

but then again, Zeitgeist & Activity Journal will kick off a brandnew talk about all that, once we all start using or testing them

Also, the way Brasero currently handles this is awesome.

i agree, brasero is a dream-come-true from my user POV