Re: [Ayatana] Indicators for showing progress

While I'm all for innovation and expanding the use of
indicator-applets, I don't think this tray would be useful for fx
Brasero or Update Manager.

Where I do see this being useful is for large file transfers in
Nautilus, torrent-transfers in Transmission, and, of course, Firefox.
I think a menu like the one proposed here could be great for
accumulating that kind of information.

Including Brasero's progress would make it too broad, we need to keep
it oriented towards purely file transfers, and though some might argue
that writing to a cd is also a file transfer, I don't think most
people look at it that way.

Also, the way Brasero currently handles this is awesome.

--

Nicholas Ipsen