Re: [Ayatana] Farewell to the notification area

On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 20:27 -0700, Robin Anderson wrote:
> One important point I hope the design team is aware of and that gets
> into discussions on this topic is that minimizing to the "notification
> area" / "(not) system tray" is currently a very nice place to put
> applications so they're accessible from all workspaces / virtual
> desktops even if they aren't necessarily long-running.

If you set a window to Always_on_Visible_Workspace and minimize it, its
button will be shown in the window list on every workspace.

Noteworthy differences are that it's a comparatively large button
instead of an icon, and that the placement will change depending on
other windows on every workspace.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: