Re: [Ayatana] Tasque, Giver

On 22/04/2010 16:29, Chow Loong Jin wrote:
On Thursday 22,April,2010 10:48 PM, Frederik Nnaji wrote:
On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 15:12, John Lea<john.lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I think a first step towards making Tasque work with Ubuntu One could be
moving it to using CouchDB for it's own storage.  The best person to talk to
about this is Stuart Langridge, see https://launchpad.net/~sil
<https://launchpad.net/%7Esil>.

exactly, CouchDB is perfect for this!
i'll hail him.

Thanks John, you helped me greatly.
Before we start using CouchDB more extensively, how about making erlang
processes drinking the CPU at a steady 1% of a 2GHz Core 2 Duo, and making the
whole set of CouchDB things take less memory?

My findings, from using Gwibber so far: If I kill gwibber and all the erlang and
couch things, my battery power consumption drops by approximately 2 Watts, from
~16W to ~14W, gaining me approximately half an hour worth of battery. Surely a
microblogging client, and potentially more things using Couch shouldn't take
this much power? Or actually, just couch running alone is bad enough.

--
John Lea | User Experience Architect
Canonical  www.canonical.com | Ubuntu  www.ubuntu.com