Re: [Ayatana] How do I know when I'm connected to the network successfully?

On 05/03/2010 04:03 PM, Shane Fagan wrote:
> Hey Scott,
>
> I actually find the network indication ok at the moment. When the bars
> are ascending its connecting, when there is no animation its connected,
> if its failed to connect the password dialog pops up. If you click on
> the icon it tells you what you are connected to and offers a disconnect
> below the ones you are connected to. If you hover the mouse over the
> icon a tooltip says what network you are connected to and if its
> wireless it tells you the signal strength.

This is one tooltip that survived the chopping block.  In my case it
would have helped if there were also a "connecting" sort of tooltip as
well, as I couldn't intuit the connecting meaning from the icon alone.

Then again, I don't want tooltips - I want text of some sort.  The text
could be immediate, as soon as I hovered my mouse over the network icon
(why else would I put my mouse there?)

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie