Re: [Ayatana] How do I know when I'm connected to the network successfully?

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 03:51, Scott Ritchie <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/03/2010 04:03 PM, Shane Fagan wrote:
> Hey Scott,
>
> I actually find the network indication ok at the moment.

this might be OT but let me say it:
i think the indication is just fine, configuring a pppoe connection should be handled by pppoeconf, since NM has quite a few cases in which it fails to connect DSL ppp over ethernet, where pppoeconf just simply works.
another reason for this is that pppoeconf has an interactive UI, a wizard so to speak, one question at a time. NM doesn't have a wizard for DSL pppoe until today.
perhaps Zenity can help with this for now?!
there is also a configuration bug, that disables NM, once pppoeconf configures pppoe..
simple file deletion workaround is available for that, once one is ready to switch back to NM.