Re: [Ayatana] Default to single click to open files and folders

> What is the primary tool that the system provides to users to look at
> their files? It may not be supposed to do it, but that does not matter
> because it is done anyway.

I agree that a compromise with current ways should be reached, but
dismissing the entire matter "because it is done anyway" is a bad
idea in the long term. I don't want this discussion to start all
over again when non-filesystem based ways of handling your system
start becoming more popular (which is already happening on netbooks)

> Because you have to see it from a user’s point of view: Why would I
> double click? As Luke Morton said: »As a final thing to consider: if
> no-one ever told you to double-click, how would you know to do so?«

See my previous messages, I'm *against* double-clicking as it is
today. My suggestion is the compromise of requiring selection before
action, which I don't think it's absurd.