Re: [Ayatana] Two suggested designs for the Sound Indicator

2010/5/13 Diego Moya <turingt@xxxxxxxxx>
2010/5/13 Martín Soto:
> The number of hidden automations in our daily lives boggles the mind! If
> they all had an override mechanism, our world would be full with red buttons
> behind Plexiglas covers. I'm glad this isn't the case, by the way.

You've never pressed the wrong floor button in an elevator? That's the
kind of overriding I'm referring to, not big "emergency stop red
buttons" everywhere.

take this idea to an elevator manufacturer [1] [2], but GPL it first!
The russians have it already [3], but communism doesn't acknowledge patents [4] :D
(Undo button for the elevator UI) ;) tellem to run the UI computer with busybox :D
i'm sure this time Eben Moglen wouldn't have too much work on his hands, if you do it right from the start!
great metaphor, i won't forget this one for months to come!

I'm afraid this conversation is becoming too offtopic for the thread,
as we're mainly talking about general design principles. I suggest
either creating a new thread or taking it off-list except for the bits
where we actually comment on the sound panel design.

:/ +1

[1] http://www.whynot.net/ideas/185
[2] http://jackodile.com/2009/09/21/i-want-a-cancel-button/
[3] http://www.flickr.com/photos/ifl/4116127364/