Re: [Ayatana] Windicators

On 16 May 2010 16:37, Akshat Jain <ssj6akshat1234@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Sense Hofstede <qense@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On 16 May 2010 16:21, Akshat Jain <ssj6akshat1234@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > I hate the Minimize to Tray concept.One who invented this should be
>> > forced
>> > to watch BSoDs for 10 days continiously while tied to a chair and eyes
>> > forced to open.It is so much irritating and cluttered.

>> > Agreed

>> > I think there can be an Application-Stasher applet(kind of like a drawer
>> > but
>> > horizontal) where Applications can be minimized *if I wan't them to*
>> > because
>> > I don't see the utility of Minimize to Tray for other than application
>> > minimizing since notifications are handled by Notify-OSD and (soon)
>> > Windicators.Not needed on Unity but needed on Desktop.
>>
>> An application bucket where you can dump applications you don't want
>> to take space sounds like a neat idea. The applications could stay in
>> there, even when they're running and have got the focus -- this could
>> be indicated by placing the focus triangle at the bucket icon (the
>> bucket icon is distinct from application by a different background
>> colour or a border around its icon (what icon?)).
>>
>> When the application wants attention the bucket could either expand
>> and show the list of applications inside with the demanding
>> application showing the regular attention animation, or the drawer
>> icon could perform the want-attention animation itself.
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
>> Sense Hofstede
>> [ˈsɛn.sə ˈɦɔf.steː.də]
>
> A Notify-OSD popup rather than bucket popup would be better.

I meant the case when the window wants attention and you would see it
flashing in the regular window list; e.g. when Synaptic has finished
installing the packages you've told it to install.

Please also make sure to Reply to All, because otherwise the mailing
list won't get your mails.

--
Sense Hofstede
[ˈsɛn.sə ˈɦɔf.steː.də]