[Ayatana] Presence: custom status

Hello there,

today, i'm kinda lazy, so i'll just get straight to the point without a lot of introduction:

Presence in the MeMenu should focus absolutely on how to display and handle custom status.
Custom status meaning the state of presence you design yourself, e.g. "in a meeting" with "BUSY" or "AWAY" on it.

With favourites in empathy available now, we could pin our list of favourite contacts to the MeMenu, as "Me favourites" ;)
even when offline or invisible, we would then see their last custom state or public status message.

For the text field, which would then be primarily for personal (custom) status aka Me-status we could also introduce a checkbox for "publish", which would then send my custom status to those Activity Streams¹ that are enabled.
The whole discussion about why how and where to coordinate 2 seperate text fields in the MeMenu, one for broadcasting status and one for status, seems unnecessary to me, considering the solution presented here..

thoughts?

¹ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activity_stream