Re: [Ayatana] unity and notifications

Indeed,

And to start brainstorming potential solutions:

1) Maybe there is a minimum 'appearance' time for the notification of
maybe about 0.75 seconds to prevent involuntary dismissal. The ideal
timing may involve some investment in research.

2) The notification dismisses to a small, flashing icon in the top panel
which hangs around for about 5 seconds so that the user can retrieve a
lost notification. I think in 99.9% of cases the user will be aware that
they have accidentally dismissed something. The button could potentially
bring up a drop down list - just in case multiple notifications have
happened in short succession.