Re: [Ayatana] unity and notifications

Le jeudi 16 septembre 2010 à 16:22 +0100, Michael Jonker a écrit :
> With specific reference to Unity and the notification:
>
> We need to get ready for the touchscreen market. The present logic of
> the notification is mouse-centric and will need to be overhauled for
> touch screen.
>
> In this situation, the mouse cursor causing the notification to fade
> will not be available and the notification will simply take up real
> estate for a length of time the user cannot control.

An idea would be placing the notifications in a place dedicated to
it, which won't be clicked regardless of the situation. In high
resolutions, an excellent candidate is the (currently wasted)
space in the middle of the top panel. For low resolutions the
problem is a little bit more hairy, methinks...