Re: [Ayatana] unity and notifications

I went ahead and made a mockup of my "notification in the panel" idea, borrowing heavily from what android does. I've attached an animated gif showing a basic notification popping up.

I want to make it clear that the entire panel does not fade out, but simply the indicator-menus and notification applet, and like notify-osd, fades out if the user brings the pointer over it, trying  This keeps all windows visible, and all panel icons visible.

Another failure of the mockup is that the message indicator should light up after the notification.

What do you think?