Re: [Ayatana] What do app authors do for Account Dialogs?

I don't think it's useful to enforce one account per service. It has to be a common use case to have, for example, a personal Twitter account and a business one.

This should even make the UI design simpler: rather than having a fixed, finite, unscalable list of empty accounts - one per service - already there waiting to be populated; just start with an empty list and allow the user to add as many accounts as she likes, choosing the service provider for each independently.

On 11 Oct 2010 09:46, "Allan Day" <allanpday@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The mockup seems to imply that one may only have one account of a
> particular type, eg. only one...

That's right.

> Is this limitation going to be present in the implementation, or have
> I misinterpreted the mock...

That was Hylke's (who drew the mockup) intention, as far as I'm aware.

There are undoubtedly cases where one person has more than one set of
account details for the same service, or where several people use the
same local user account. Whether it is a good idea for the control
center to cater to those use cases is another question, however.

This has been discussed a little on the #gnome-design channel, though I
can't remember the specifics...

Best,

Allan

--