[Ayatana] Nautilus Columns

Today, a friend asked me for an easy way to tag his mp3 files.
Now Rhythmbox does this, and we should all have read the documentation first, RTFM style..

His totally retarded mobile phone tags music in a very easy way, but Ubuntu doesn't afford that feature, even though Nautilus displays the metadate in properties.

After yet another websearch on the topic, i came to find nautilus columns, which is not yet in the repositories. At least so, we are able to see the metadata as columns in nautilus.

With ongoing discussions about how to handle context and metadata better for the future of the semantic desktop, doesn't it make sense to think about handling that kind of stuff directly in nautilus?