Re: [Ayatana] Unity - Web and People

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 15:53, Seif Lotfy <seif@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The filter on top will be based on the "most visited domains" which is a good start if you ask me.

yeah, that's a leap forward, much thanks again for that!!
This is more of a generative function, it has an input stream and condenses its "observations" into a small dynamic overview.

With time we will find new ways of determining context and content of websites.

Context awareness is a human skill that computers are generally not so good at. They lack the scalable methods our intuitive mind has control over, that's all. Methods become scalable, when they are able to cope with the fuzziness of reality.

The web is fuzzy, because most of material in it was created or initiated by humans, who happen to be fuzzy, too ;)

I think one *new way* of determining stuff is to simply ask, but then again those among us who would like to reinvent the wheel all over again would not find such an ancient approach to be satisfactory ;)