Re: [Ayatana] On Vincent Moulin's idea of partial global menu in unity

On Oct 28, 2010, at 12:14 PM, Daniel Silva wrote:

>The problem with that is that some apps have their name as the first menu
>option, sou you'd see, for example, 'amarok amarok other_menu_items'

That would be a problem with some applications, but it should be "easily"
solved with a style guide and patch, right?

The ones I'm using daily do not seem to have the application name at the top
of the first menu item, so I think it would not be a common problem.

>. Perhaps one could put an icon of the app before the menu items, it would be
>like a small favicon as in google chrome.

A favicon might be neat in addition to the application name.  The problem is
that favicons are small and not always evocative of the application.

-Barry