Re: [Ayatana] Unity - Web and People

On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 15:56 +0200, Seif Lotfy wrote:

> Yeah Zeitgeist will tell you most used and recently used etc... The
> metadata will be pulled form libfolks or telepathy. We just know when
> these people and how often they were contacted.

The best long-term way to do this is probably to base it off the Ubuntu
One contacts list, because we're working to make sure that contacts all
get aggregated there and provide sync to Google/Facebook and so on. I am
more than happy to help with the APIs for this; a big part of what I'm
working on in the natty cycle is providing a really good set of
developer APIs for things like the contacts addressbook so that things
like a People place is really easy to build and we can take care of the
back end so you don't have to.

sil