Re: [Ayatana] preferred applications

Matthew Paul Thomas schreef op di 12-10-2010 om 10:23 [+0100]:
> >> (I don't understand what it means to have a preferred "Multimedia
> >> Player" or "Terminal Emulator", though.)
> >
> > There are system-wide hotkeys to launch a "mediaplayer" (e.g. many
> > recent keyboards have a special key for that) or a "terminal emulator".
>
> If that's all it is, probably it would be better in the Keyboard
> Shortcuts settings. It's rather tedious to have an option there to set a
> "Run a terminal" shortcut, and have an option somewhere completely
> different to specify what "a terminal" actually means.

They are used for more things, e.g. the "open terminal here" nautilus
extension uses the terminal emulator configured there.  There is also
the "run in a terminal" option in the Alt+F2 run dialog, in launchers,
and in .desktop files (used to create menu items).

I agree that the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog should probably have a
button(?) to open the Default Applications dialog though...

--
Jan Claeys