[Ayatana] Introduction and thoughts on Unity

Hi,

My name is Spike. I am not trained in usability, but rather self
taught, so feel free to correct any misconceptions I may post. That
said, I am keenly interested in usability (hence joining this mailing
list), and have read extensively about it. Always game for more
reading materials if anyone has any suggestions!

Moving along to my random thoughts/suggestions on Unity (inspired in
part by the post on the Canonical design blog about Unity's usability
testing):

1) Make the minimize action point to the icons on the panel, instead
of having windows simply fade from existence. This will show users
where the application went, and should lead to the discovery of the
expose` action

2) Give the side panel drag n drop (I read somewhere this is coming)
for adding/removing launchers

3) Make the files/folders, applications, trash, and removable device
icons colored. The current white icons sends the signal that these
icons are inactive.

That is pretty much all I can think of for now. Hope I am not being redundant.