Re: [Ayatana] "fileless" paradigm (was: File menu)

Isn't that essentially a folder though? A gathering of potentially related files (provided it was organized correctly)

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 4:05 PM, cmaglothin <cmaglothin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To combat your argument that you need folders to keep organized, why not just supliment the idea of sorting by type with the adding of "projects." Not only could you search by filetype but you could link together files that are related in topic and have the "projects" searchable or tagged by their keyword.

----snip----

> this is just an example...
> please name the issues you see, i don't see any! It's just only
> imp...

Well looking on my system I have a directory for a charity I am a
director of, docs, photos & spreadsheets. A directory of a software
project I worked on, docs, source & executables. One for the
waterskiing, mostly videos, but some docs and saved web pages.
I could go on but it would show how chaotic my filing is. So I am open
to a better way to organise my life, but I do have my doubts that
linking docs together because they are docs will help.
David