Re: [Ayatana] Contributions?

Hi,

> 1.  Brainstorm some tasks that could be tested in half an hour or so.
>     For example, importing a photo from a digital camera and sending it
>     to a friend. Or subscribing to a podcast and syncing it to a
>     portable music player. Or finding an interesting game to play. Or
>     printing a picture.
>
> 2.  Follow standard user testing procedure to produce a test script
>     based on the task you choose, and post it to this list for others to
>     review it. (See for example Rubin & Chisnell, "Handbook of
>     usability testing" 2nd edition, chapter 8.)

Thanks, these are good suggestions (though I need to check out that book
then, don't know if some of the others may have heard of it). We can
also report bugs we stumble upon when running through the scripts.

> Or if you want something simpler to try:
>
> Install a Natty daily build
> <http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/>, install Unity
> <https://launchpad.net/~unity/+archive/ppa>, take a screenshot of it,
> and print it out in color. Then take a video camera and do a survey of
> people in the street, asking questions like "Imagine you bought a new
> computer, and you turned it on, and the screen looked like this ... What
> do you think this bit would do?" Or, "If you wanted to find more
> programs on here, where would you go?" Avoid asking leading questions,
> and record all the answers.

That may be inconvenient, as people here mostly speak Danish, a tiny
language not understood outside our borders ... which means such videos
will be less useful for people in most of the world.

But I also look forward to see what we come up with in the end. Thanks
for your response.

best regards,

Carsten