Re: [Ayatana] Time & Date indicator settings dialog

On Sat, 2010-11-20 at 22:41 +0000, Mohammed Amine IL Idrissi wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 7:28 PM, Ted Gould <ted@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > "Mohammed Amine IL Idrissi" <ilidrissiamine@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>settings
> >>>
> >><https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TimeAndDate?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=settings-clock.jpg>
> >>
> >>Will do, thanks for feedback.
> >>One last question: where should land the settings dialog? In the
> >>indicator-datetime branch, or in its own branch?
> >
> > Ideally it would involve working.with GNOME Control Center as
> > much as possible.  I talked to Davidz, who is working on the
> > GNOME Shell clock about using the same settings so that hopefully
> > we could use thr same configuration dialog.
>
> If we use the same Gsettings keys, it would be easier to make the same
> configuration dialog. So yeah, collaboration would be great :) I'm
> worried though about GNOME having issues about the contributor
> agreement, so it wouldn't accept it... or am I totally off-track here?

Totally off track :)

If there was a contributor agreement required, yes GNOME would have an
issue with it.  But, unless the code is in a project that is currently
Copyright Canonical there isn't any copyright assignment required.  So
making a patch to GNOME Control Center that set the same keys, wouldn't
be the same code, so it would have any Copyright issues.

		--Ted