Re: [Ayatana] Put a resize widget in the title bar

Hi Remco,

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 13:50, Remco <remco47@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 07:16, cmaglothin <cmaglothin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I agree. The only reason I ever boot into Windows is that I have to annotate
> movies for a class, and Snap makes it very easy to do with just two clicks.
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 10:34 PM, David Hamm <davidthamm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> in fact i'd say it almost a upgrade deciding factor for vista to 7

You'll like Compiz Grid. I think Frederik's idea is simply a mouse
interface to Compiz Grid.

yeah, essentially, i would love to see stuff snapping to an invisible grid.
This could then be disabled by holding a modifier key such as [ALT].
By default, snap to grid should be enabled for:
* moving windows
* resizing windows
* scaling windows

i also suggest strongly to consider window controls as nothing else than what the name suggests:
controls for the window at hand.

often, we are confronted with the question whether or not closing a window will quit the app contained in it.
This is poor design, i mean, window controls are not well designed, if they affect the service instead of only the window.

Now about Compiz Grid.. it's remarkable, the windows7 thingy is fully implemented and of course completely configurable to the corner and pixel ;)
i jast had an easy time splitting my screen in two halves.. took me 2 click-drag-releases.

Thanks to whoever did that in Compiz!