Re: [Ayatana] Control Center design mockup

The 'over all' idea is nice.

1. In the bottom part, implementation of the tabs simplifies the control system to the users. So it is a nice job.
2. In the upper portion, I don't think a banner is essential.  Rather we can implement a separate area where a short description of any 'icon' from the bottom part will be appeared. I mean ... If the mouse pointer is hovered on any of the bottom icon, the short description of that icon will appear on that area, so that a user can easily inderstand what that icon stands for.

On 25 March 2011 17:38, Ian Santopietro <isantop@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have to agree with IKT. The "featured" thing gives it too casual a feel, which doesn't feel right with the system settings. I think you may have something with the tabs though, since that could be an easy, user-friendly way of organizing the different control dialogs.