Re: [Ayatana] Unity2D -- wow! (And hidden window buttons)

2011/8/28 Stefanos A. <stapostol@xxxxxxxxx>
2011/8/28 Jo-Erlend Schinstad <joerlend.schinstad@xxxxxxxxx>
Den 28. aug. 2011 07:55, skrev huff:

Yes, but from what you're saying I don't think you've tested
it yourself, much less tested it on others. For instance, we've
never before had the buttons in the corner.
I may have missed something in this thread, since the posts
are so long, but being in the corner is not really helpful to me.
If I can see them, it hardly matters to me where they are.

Right. If they aren't in the corner, then you have ti see them.
But since they're in the corner, you don't have to see them,
which makes the interface less confusing because there are
less clutter and useless controls.

Yes, but they are *not* in the corner. I cannot throw the mouse with my eyes closed and hit the X button because it has a 4px gap from the corner. This forces me to move the mouse, check, move again and finally click. It's a 4-step action for what should be a 2-step one: move and click.

As far as my personal preferences are concerned, this would be enough. Make the invisible X button extend to the left and top edges and the "invisible" part becomes a non-issue: just throw the mouse and click. (Yes the X button gets special treatment, because you use it roughly an order of magnitude more often than the minimize and maximize buttons).

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/835977