Re: [Ayatana] White text in lenses doesn't work well with light background images.

Le terça 30 agosto 2011 à 14:24 +0100, Matthew Paul Thomas a écrit :

> Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote on 27/08/11 04:35:
> >
> > It's fantastically cool how the lenses background color changes with
> > the desktop wallpaper. But when the wallpaper is a light one, then the
> > text in the lenses become difficult to read. For example, Oneiric
> > comes with the «Touch the light» wallpaper. At present, on my laptop,
> > when I'm using that wallpaper, I'm completely unable to read any text
> > in the dash or other lenses.
>
> <http://launchpad.net/bugs/824916>
>
> > So the text needs to change with the wallpaper dominant color as well,
> > although I don't know exactly how.
>
> Here would be a good place to compare proposals for how to fix the problem.

I shall start with two that immediately pop to mind:

1 - use an outline
2 - use the opposite of the background in a chosen color space

It should be mentioned that GNOME always had this problem with the label
of desktop icons. It partially solves it with a drop shadow, but it is
not enough for light backgrounds. Attached is a screenshot with a
wallpaper from the Natty default set.

I don't use KDE, but I'm guessing they stopped worrying about this
problem when desktop icons were moved to a plasma widget, which has
a friendly combination of colors providing that the theme is sane.