Re: [Ayatana] Customization Management

Den 14. nov. 2011 10:00, skrev Thorsten Wilms:

I've been thinking that installing a distribution should be a bit like a checkout from a VCS. At any time, it should be straightforward to get a diff, that is a list of the changes you did to the system.

That would be nice. It's difficult to do, though. Perhaps it might be possible when we start using btrfs?

Such a diff view would ideally not only allow simple rollbacks, but also selective enabling/disabling of changes. Which would require dependency management, pre-/post-conditions.

Collections of changes should be exportable, as a kind of portable modifications, Software packages could be expressed within this system.

You mean like OneConf?

Jo-Erlend Schinstad