Re: Combining engines prescribing movement (moved from yade-users)

I see this mail only now.

> 1. make state->vel always derivative of state->pos (even if multiple
> translations/rotation/... engines are applied, there are interactions etc)

I think the previous suggestion solves this problem very simply : user has to define
imposed motion via velocities on his side.
If python scripting is not well suited (complex rotations, increased cpu time,...), let us
replace it with velocity/rotationalVelocity engines doing the same thing in c++ (on non
dynamic bodies).
But we surely don't need any engine to impose velocity=constant (i.e. translation engine).

> 2. effects of kinematic engines are there only as long as the engines
> are active

> 3. perhaps something else I forgot...

I don't understand the physical problem in itself, so I can't really imagine a solution.
What is an imposed velocity shift on a dynamic body?