Re: time step with viscous damping

But you speak about elastoplastic law with different stiffness for loading/unloading.
I speak about viscoelastic law (with constant stiffness):
F = k x + c dx/dt
So, if dx/dt>0 (loading) then F > F_elastic=k x,
and if dx/dt<0 (unloading) then F<F_elastic
ok?

Ok for these inequalities ! Thanks for explanations.
And so you suggest to use this comparison of force values to deduce something about time steps ?
No! For given 'k' and 'c' we has a time, when x runs from 0 to max and again to 0, i.e. it is a half-period of oscillation or a collision time. So, time step is a fraction of this half-period.

--
Best regards,
Sergei D.