Re: Stiffness tensor

Hi, thanks for reply.

2011/4/4 Jan Stránský <_honzik@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi,
>
> in PeriIsoCompessor, the Vector3r stiff contains normal ("pseudo")
> stiffnesses for each axis (stiff[i] = stress[i] / strain[i], where stress[i]
> and strain[i] are normal components, too, as Bruno answered in previous
> email). It is not "real" stiffness due to the absence of Poisson's ratio,
> but it is completely sufficient for purpose of PeriTriaxController (you only
> need to predict stress/strain for next step from known value of the dual
> quantity using this normal "pseudo" stiffness).

I do not know about you but, actually, I have been using PeriTriaxController
for a while and to be honest I could only use the method which uses the mass
parameter introduced by Bruno (sometimes it was painful as it needs some
calibration, but it works). When I was trying the method which uses the
stiffness, it did not work.

Chiara