Re: Stiffness tensor

Hi,

in PeriIsoCompessor, the Vector3r stiff contains normal ("pseudo") stiffnesses for each axis (stiff[i] = stress[i] / strain[i], where stress[i] and strain[i] are normal components, too, as Bruno answered in previous email). It is not "real" stiffness due to the absence of Poisson's ratio, but it is completely sufficient for purpose of PeriTriaxController (you only need to predict stress/strain for next step from known value of the dual quantity using this normal "pseudo" stiffness).

Very similar approach is used in Peri3dController (with addition of shear components as well), evaluating something like Vector6r stiff instead of full 6x6 stiffness matrix.

>From my point of view, Vector3r stiff is ok, maybe it could be renamed to normalStiff to prevent confusion, but it is only a detail..

regards
Jan