Re: Initial Ubuntu port wikipage

Hi all,

I have put an 'abstract' of the fragmentation issue atop the Ubuntu wiki page.

Quote:
---

   The effort the bring hardware support has always been fragmented. We
   are thankful for /phh/ who provided a solution based on (now) older
   L4T releases, /ogra/ who made Ubuntu work without proprietary
   daemon, /marvin24/ who has put effort in porting Chrome OS to the
   AC100, and the many others who were involved.

   The downside of this fragmentation is that documentation is
   fragmented too. The goal of this wiki is to provide good quality
   information for the latest and most promising effort.

   *Wiki maintainers: don't reference the old "wetpaint" wiki. It is
   virtually unmaintained and will cause confusion. Information about
   the inner workings of the device and drivers must go here:
   http://ac100.grandou.net/
   *

---

So, yes, I've started a new wiki, with the secret hope to be "the ac100 wiki". I've started to import all pages from wetpaint & gitorious, and to write some pages, but there is really a lot of stuff to do. it really needs some manpower.
Though I'd rather see distribution-specific pages at distribution wikis, it's necessary to share information about the (low-level) efforts that are going on and it's necessary to have a 'cross-distribution' site for this. Enter Grandou ;)

It's available here: <http://ac100.grandou.net>. the days it would become useful enough, we could always think about giving it its own domain, but that's not the most important thing today.

I hope that will not be necessary. I think distro wikis are the right place in the long run. Until the porting is done (and some time after), I suppose ac100.grandou.net will suffice.

And by the way, ac100 is not limited to ubuntu, debian hf is more and more promising ;)
That's why we need you, Gilles! ;)

Cheers,
Robert