Re: Latest marvin24 patches, any sound and suspend?

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 10:29, Jani Monoses <jani@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Pierre-Hugues Husson <phhusson@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> 2011/8/9 Leon Romanovsky <leon@xxxxxxx>:

>> > + hardware acceleration.
>> ? OpenMAX and OpenGLES work
>>
> OpenGLES does not work with .38 and L4T 12 alpha for the majority of
> existing OpenGLES/EGL apps in Ubuntu Oneiric.
> There are possible workarounds for some, if you have the source code, but
> the drivers need fixing before it is satisfactory.
> The only app that works out of the box - which I mentioned in the wiki page
> too - is chromium 13 or above running WebGL demos.
> If there are more apps, which work right away after an apt-get it would be
> good to know - to at least see how they are made more permissive in the
> presence of
> incomplete driver support and to put them in the wiki for people to validate
> that some of the graphics stack works for them.
> Also the only way GLES seems to work is if screen depth is set to 16 in
> xorg.conf.
> So no, OpenGLES does not work for the definition of work accepted by most
> people :)

There is no omxplayer2 for the latest L4T release.

http://developer.nvidia.com/tegra/forum/linux-tegra-release-12-alpha-1-released

>From the forum:
a couple of comments about this release:

coming from with L4T, I'm missing the header files for EGL
(/usr/include/EGL/*) ,
OpenGL|ES (/usr/include/{GLES,GLES2}/*) and OpenMAX
(/usr/include/OpenMAX/IL/*)
the binary tools like tegrastats and nvtest are no longer included
omxplayer2 is missing, and there is no obvious way to exercise the
OpenMAX support; the lack of the beforementioned headers also makes it
impossible to build external programs using OpenMAX

--
Leon Romanovsky | Independent Linux Consultant
        www.leon.nu | leon@xxxxxxx