Re: Stability Under Load

On 08/20/2011 09:28 AM, Marc Dietrich wrote:
Am Freitag 19 August 2011, 20:51:29 schrieb Gordan Bobic:
   Just looking now. Are you referring to the REGULATOR_INIT macro and
   specifically the line that defines a struct with:

   REGULATOR_INIT(sm1, 725, 1200, true)?

   Are you saying that the default value as provided by Toshiba was

   REGULATOR_INIT(sm1, 725, 1000, true)?

correct. Please understand that these values are just best guesses on
what the Toshiba code does. In fact, kernel 2.6.38 has nothing to do
with the original code base because it's a total rewrite. You may check
arch/arm/mach-
tegra/odm_kit/adaptations/pmu/tps6586x/nvodm_pmu_tps6586x.c for
reference.

I don't seem to have the arch/arm/mach-tegra/odm_kit directory in the
kernel tree I pulled from your git. Where can I get this?

from the original source (check .29 or .32 kernel on gitorious.org).

Btw, I checked again and it seems that I only changed SM1. So it would be great
if you can do some stress test with both voltages. I'm also not sure what
voltages are really used in the original kernel. The code is sometimes a bit
confusing. But you can check by running .29 and look in /sys/devices/regulator
(I guess).

OK, I'll take a look at that. My new AC100 passed 9 hours of pbzip2 testing without any errors, so the evidence so far is that putting SM1 back to 1000mV did stabilize it. Testing with the old one (the one that was very unstable) now - will report back tonight.

Gordan