Re: oneiric installation

Good morning!

Thank you Gildean, Leon Romanowski, Oliver Grawert for your answers.

Yes, Gildean, your wiki for installation of phh's latest was very useful for me and this installation
served me well for several months!

Besides, I did not notice the working of the webcam during installation.
I wonder how the webcam is connected to the system: the command

lspci

yields nothing, and the command

lsusb

only shows usb 2.0 root hubs, a "Standard Microsystems Corp" something and a "Micro Star International" something.
Maybe one of these is the webcam? or the wifi?

Thank you Leon Romanowski for the information about the speakers which work with the latest kernel. I will try of course, if I can install this new kernel. To install it, is it necessary to make some change to the file
/etc/apt/sources.list?

Thank you Olivert Grawert for the information about Unity. I did not recognize the Gnome office I am accustomed to (it is the office environment I have on my main computer, which runs Debian), and I thought it was the new version of Gnome.

Sincerely,

C.-M. M.