Re: sound from headphones

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 20:00, Mikko Lehtonen <scoopr@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On 10/21/11 8:24 PM, Jani Monoses wrote:
>> Does anyone have working headphones (via the jack) using the latest
>> oneiric-proposed kernel?
>> I am not sure which alsamixer settings to change but I tried many
>> combination with still no sound
>> from the headphones.
>>

>  I was able to twiddle the settings so that I get audio from speaker
>  and headphones, even at the same time. But it was pretty random
>  tweaking in alsamixer.
>
>  What I did not get was volume control to affect the volume of
>  speakers.
Thanks for remind me.
The list of issues, I know about:
1. The latest kernel has troubles with headphones, for me it is not
working, but there are people on the channels who claim they have not
such a problem at all. The problematic commit  is
https://gitorious.org/~marvin24/ac100/marvin24s-kernel/commit/15001264563dec6d39f15f4f16a45a533106bfef,
i tried to fix it by commit
https://gitorious.org/~marvin24/ac100/marvin24s-kernel/commit/00c04c787e72660e0f7f63f297eb599d235f258c
and it broke the sound from speakers after suspend.
2. Total mess in alsamixer controls, names e.t.c
3. Speaker volume control can be controlled under "Line"
4. Microphone is not configured, both external and internal.

I'm working on number one.