Re: cheese

Dear all,

Jani Monoses answers one of the questions I asked in my last message about the ac100 webcam.

But does camorama work on the ac100 with ubuntu oneiric? It worked, better than cheese, with the previous ubuntu version (phh's latest) and I did not succeed to make it work with my ac100 under oneiric. In fact I believe that the kernel does not see the webcam.

According to the page

http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Toshiba/AC100

the command lsusb -v, under Debian on a ac100-117, displays the lines, among others,

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0bda:58f2 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
  bDeviceClass          239 Miscellaneous Device
  bDeviceProtocol         1 Interface Association
  iProduct                1 USB Camera

which prove that the Debian kernel sees the webcam. On my ac100-114, with ubuntu oneiric, the command lsusb -v does not return such lines. Unfortunately, I was unable to install and try Debian on my ac100.

Sincerely,

C.-M. M.