Re: cheese

hi,
On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 08:38:53 +0100
Charles-Michel Marle <cmm1934@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> the command lsusb -v, under Debian on a ac100-117, displays the
> lines, among others,
>
> Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0bda:58f2 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
>    bDeviceClass          239 Miscellaneous Device
>    bDeviceProtocol         1 Interface Association
>    iProduct                1 USB Camera
>
> which prove that the Debian kernel sees the webcam. On my ac100-114,
> with ubuntu oneiric, the command lsusb -v does not return such lines.
> Unfortunately, I was unable to install and try Debian on my ac100.

during install on all models I have access to the installer takes a
photo of you for the login manager in ubuntu, so i'm 100% sure the
camera itself works just fine. IIRC there were some massive upstream
changes in the v4l area in the latest release ...

Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0bda:58f2 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
  iManufacturer           3 Generic
  iProduct                1 USB Camera
  iSerial                 2 200901010001

the above is what i get here with lsusb -v

ciao
	oli