Re: Kernel update request

On Tuesday 06 December 2011 20:43:42 Jani Monoses wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Marc Dietrich <marvin24@xxxxxx> wrote:

> >> I'm talkin about microphone. It is broken (or not fixed yet) in
> >> current, and I don't know it's state in 1000/1001. Headphones are
> >> broken in 1001 only (I don't know how we broke it), speakers are
> >> fixed since 1001.
> >
> > AFAIK, mic never worked - is it working in your tree? If yes, I like to
> > pull it into my 3.0-exp branch.
>
> Is this the last commit on that branch? It's dated Nov 24
> 628bd4ba1b3e2616a3558ce3b90d7163a19417cd

correct, I'll push two additional patches in a few minutes (one for the
temperature sensor and one to update the defconfig).

Am I right that you will/can update the kernel later when sound is fully
supported? Or other way around, given that Precise is still in development,
when is the kernel closing date (e.g. bug fixes only)?

Marc