Re: unsuccessful resume with binary driver

Am Dienstag, 20. Dezember 2011, 09:26:53 schrieb Mikko Lehtonen:
> > would it be ok if you test a 3.0 kernel to see if suspend is more
> > reliable? I
> > made some changes which maybe improve resume (in fact, the .38 code
> > always
> > failed to resume in 3.0, so it needed a fix).
>
> I've now done minimal testing with the 3.0 kernel.
> While the kernel otherwise seems to work just fine,
> it still fails to resume with the binary driver.
>
> This time I got this in my syslog, repeated many times:
>
> Dec 20 09:06:12 ac100 kernel: [   38.458295] tegra_grhost tegra_grhost:
> syncpoint id 22 (3d) stuck waiting 713
> Dec 20 09:06:12 ac100 kernel: [   38.458311] tegra_grhost tegra_grhost:
> id 10 () min 8 max 8
> Dec 20 09:06:12 ac100 kernel: [   38.458322] tegra_grhost tegra_grhost:
> id 18 (2d_0) min 215 max 217
> Dec 20 09:06:12 ac100 kernel: [   38.458332] tegra_grhost tegra_grhost:
> id 22 (3d) min 705 max 722

ok, that's very bad :-( I fear we cannot do something about this now. I guess we have
to wait for the ChromeOS people to catch up with the newest kernel api development,
or some other "wonder"...

If you really need reliable resume, just remove the binary blob and use the
framebuffer driver. It is fast enough for most situtations.

Marc