Re: call for testers

Hi Jani,

Am Montag, 6. Februar 2012, 19:14:39 schrieb Jani Monoses:
> On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Marc Dietrich <marvin24@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > it's been some time since the last kernel update and ubuntu precise is
> > nearing. My experimental branch contains some bugfiles (relative to 3.0.8-4)
> > including everything up to 3.0.19. Sound support should be pretty stable now
> > (including microphone support - BIG THANKS goes to Andrey and Leon for keeping
> > an eye on it).
> >
> > Other fixes/updates: usb hotplugging, fix crash in tegrapart, wifi updates,
> > zcache and frontcache updates, watchdog driver, hw crypto driver, ... sorry,
> > just too much for this small mail.
> >
> > known issues: eh - none so far (ok, there is a minor problem with zcache
> > reporting negative values for something, but a fix is underway).
>
> > So everyone who likes to test it, here it is:
> Here's a deb built for Precise, using the same configs as current
> Ubuntu + the 2 new errata.
> It boots but I have not testedmuch more than that.
>
> http://startx.ro/~jani/linux-image-3.0.19-1-ac100_3.0.19-1.1_armel.deb
>
> Let me know if other config changes are useful.

thanks for suppling a package.

> It does not seem to suspend here (locks up while suspending with leds
> on), but I have the nvidia binary X drivers enabled.

Yes, this is the current boilerplate I like to address somehow. On my machine (10V) I
never got it to fail, but other people with 10V reported problems (not to mention
people with different models). I'm using nvidias binary driver btw. It is likely some
driver which doesn't like to suspend under certain circumstances.

I'll try your kernel package later in the evening, to exclude a possible kernel
config problem (I'm always using paz00_defconfig which is very minimal).

Maybe people reading this and running linux-image-3.0.19-1-ac100_3.0.19-1.1_armel.deb
could post their experience with suspend/resume. The table below may give you some
hint what to report:

Model  | Bootloader | Nvidia driver           | suspend/resume works | comments ...
AC100- | 2.1 or 2.2 | installed/not installed |     yes / no         |

Marc