Re: Disable ZRAM swap in 12.04?

On 07/05/12 21:13, Gordan Bobic wrote:

How do I get the extra main memory back as regular RAM?

If you are using the frame buffer driver, you can claw back most of those 64MB mapped for the GPU. There are also a few other tweaks you can apply to reduce the memory pressure further. Take a look here:

http://www.altechnative.net/2012/01/04/alleviating-memory-pressure-on-toshiba-ac100/
Thanks, I followed the advice here and now have 508M main memory + 254M ZRAM swap. My hangs still happen with ZRAM swap disabled -- I think the problem is with mplayer on streaming audio but of course it's difficult to get at the evidence! Looking for an alternative cmdline audio player...